20 November 2014

$200 to solve

I'm trying to get a Google Doc form to put locations on a heat map. I've actually gotten pretty far at this using Google Fusion. The only step missing is to get Fusion to automatically update when the spreadsheet is updated by new input from the form.

Is that possible?
Here is what I got so far. 

I concatenate the columns D and E to produce "C" Column


Then I set row "C" to the "Location" field in Google Fusion. 



 The result is a map which looks like this: 

So it actually works, but there are 2 problems. 

1. i can't concatenate the list in the google .xls to continually perform concatenation for every row on each table (i'd like it so that C is always concatenated with B in column A)

2. The form information won't update



Answers Are Here:

Source: Jack Nork I've run into the issue of using formulas with Google forms.  There are a few ways to get around this. One way is to add a second tab to the sheet and use the QUERY function to import the fields that you want to use from your form. (https://support.google.com/docs/answer/3093343?hl=en) . 

Then add your formula at the end of the imported data in the new tab to use for your map (In your case the CONCATENATE function).

I haven't used maps in a really long time so I'm not sure how to get them to update automatically. Maybe this tutorial will help?


If this is something you think you can do, I'll send you access to the parts where this can be done. 

$250 to solve.

1.  Get concetenate function throughout the column
2. Get map to update with new information from the table.

Respond to @203ian on twitter or 203.985.9746 or stereomedia@gmail.com







No comments:

Post a Comment